About Me

I'm Phil! American living in Japan. Teacher. Ex-independent professional wrestler. Student of Japanese. Traveler. Article writer for Mythic Scribes. Also written four manga, novels, and various short stories and poems. For my fantasy-related blog, check out http://www.philipoverbyfantasy.blogspot.jp/.

Categories

Drill Bits: random thoughts, bloggy stuff
Japan Hammer: topics about Japan
Story Time: stories I felt like posting

Sunday, October 25, 2009

National Novel Writing Month and Last Months in Japan

This will be the official place for any info regarding my descent into madness that is National Novel Writing Month. I "won" last year, meaning I reached 50,000 words. The novel was kind of a Canterbury Tales of bloody fantasy, with lots of stuff going on. This year I'm trying for a little bit of everything. I'll post more once I officially begin, but I must say I'm excited for this year more than last year. Last year, I wracked my brain each day trying to muster up material. This year, there will be no lack of material because it's bursting from the seems. Lots of action. Lots of intrigue. Lots of people dying...sort of.

In other news, I'm winding down my last few months here in Japan. It's been a trying time, but I think I've grown from the experience. I'll be going on a whirlwind tour of sorts trying to visit different places before I go. So far I have planned going to Iwaki, which is a beach town about 2 hours away. Then at the beginning of November I'm heading off to historical Kyoto then later in that weak making a trip to Kamogawa, where they have Sea World. So should be a good last couple of months here.

Upon my return I'll be writing and doing little else. I'm not so much interested in "careers" anymore. I just want to do things I enjoy doing. I don't so much care about making money. As long as I have somewhere to live and some pocket change, I'll be good. We'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment